cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4520 - can print but suddenly won't scan

cjcornell
Contributor

First - 

I am shocked at how bad the Canon software, process and instructions are (and I am a software engineer who has a sympathy for designing such things) ... but maaaaaaaaaan Canon - this is embarrassingly bad.

Printing, and scanning - for several years - with this setup.  Just printed something, no problem,.  Then tried to scan (something I do fairly often).

Not recognizing scanner. You recognize the printer but not the scannner.  um ok - that's where the fun begins.

Nothing was changed with my setup, Tried everything. Then went to your troublesooting site.

Getting out the thesaurus:  Useless. Lazy. Worthless.  The last refuge of incompetent software design: tell the customer to uninstall and reinstall.  Done it.

Now ... I can't print, scan or even connect.  Ironically your setup process is stuck on "Easy Connect' (despite my manually entering the wifi settings).

And that's all she wrote.

I can't return this piece of junk. But by chance - do you offer an coupons for HP Printers?

Shame on you Canon.

Using Windows 11 Homw

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, cjcornell!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using within the PIXMA TR4500 series.  The model number should appear on the front of the printer at the upper right.  We also need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Canon Pixma TR4520

Windows 11 Home  Build 22621.3155

Printer and scanner has been working  (via wifi network) reliably for 2-3 years.

Then - scanner no longer shows up in list nor works.  Your troubleshooting tells me to reinstall the drivers -- I did ... then the printer no longer works (or is not recognized) ... after 5 attempts, reboots etc .. I finally got the drivers to install again and recognize the printer.  But the scanner does not show up in any lists .... or is recognized.

Announcements