cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-200 Trouble installing software on an iMac

Jmurph31
Apprentice

I am having difficulty using my PIXMA Pro200 with my iMac that has Sonoma OS.  I think I’m doing something wrong. When I download the setup software I add the printer to the computer. I’ve done it with the USB connection and I’ve done it with the Ethernet connection. It shows up as bonjour with the proper printer name and  It says it’s loading the drivers.   It gets added. Then I hit next it says I need to add the drivers. I thought it did.  I see nowhere to go to add any more drivers.  This happens when connected USB or Ethernet. Then I click on the canon software to download it and none of the softwares shows as being compatible with my operating system.    I got frustrated and just wanted to print an 8x10 color photo to the included luster 8.5 x11 luster photo paper.  I used the built in apple photos app to do it.   When I go to select the paper size I selected A4 because I didn’t see a selection for 8.5x11. I chose to print the photo 8x10 and I only saw very limited choices for print choices. I chose photo on photo paper -fine. I was expecting choices like glossy photo paper, matte photo paper, premium photo paper, luster photo paper  etc. I was surprised to see such minimal choices. I’m assuming that has to do with the drivers that apparently didn’t load. 
When I went to print the canon printer said the wrong size paper was in the printer. I overrode that and said to print on the paper anyway. The photo printed great but the border was larger on the top than the bottom. I’m sure it’s because I selected A4. I should have selected US letter size. 
I was perplexed by not being able to install any canon software and getting the message that none of it is available for my OS and printer model. Is that true or did I mess something up?  Same thing for the drivers apparently not installing. This is the first printer I ever had an issue with. I’ve owned a canon PIXMA printer before as well as HP and an Epson. Never had an issue. 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have not done so, please download and install the PRO-200 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.26.10.0.0 from HERE

Once the file is downloaded, go back to printers and scanners and try to add the printer. When the printer is selected, the Canon driver should load instead of asking to install it. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

We look forward

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements