cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Verifying Canon drivers

ND48
Contributor

Good morning, how do I check whether I am printing using Canon's drivers instead of my iMac M1 drivers?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Easiest way is to look at the printer's properties.  There is a field called "Use".  This usually states the name of the printer.  If it states something like Generic PCL or Postscript, you might not be using the "Canon Driver".

If you are in doubt or unclear what you installed, visit the support portal for the pro-100.  Remove the printer and re-install using the Canon driver.

Canon Support for PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1683897831844.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Along with Rick’s response, if you see 3.0 as the driver it’s Apple AirPrint. You want something like 16.70.00; (I’m away from my MacBook). 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, I do see 3.0. I had removed the printer and reinstalled it though.  If I remove the printer again, how do I get "see 16...."?  Thank you in advance.

When you remove the 3.0 version select the “+” button to add a printer and wait possibly a few minutes for the IJ Series version to appear. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sorry, just did it.  Thank you.

So you have the Canon driver now?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements