cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Connection to New Network Problem

toobusytom
Apprentice

I have a new router and wanted to connect my MX922 to it. Watched the video and never got the screen where I could enter the password. Did get error message that the printer could not connect with the access point. Now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

toobusytom
Apprentice

I finally just deleted all the oild software and then downloaded the drivers fresh. That did it for wired. Then was somehow able to get the wireless to work.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the printer detects the router but does not prompt you to enter the wifi password, I would check with your internet provider to see if your router has WPA 3 enabled. If you have them disable WPA 3 and enable WPA2 and then you can enter the wifi password on the printer. Once that is done, you can enable WPA3 and the printer should still be detected. 

As a work around you can also try disabling the ipv6 setting on the printer but this may not resolve the problem. Please click HERE for the steps. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

toobusytom
Apprentice

I finally just deleted all the oild software and then downloaded the drivers fresh. That did it for wired. Then was somehow able to get the wireless to work.

Thanks

Announcements