cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6220 Problem setting up Google Print

MarkB
Contributor

I posted this as a response to another post but thought it might be best as a new standalone topic.

I am trying to register my Pixma MG 6220 with Google Print.

Was there ever an answer to this problem.  I am running into the same issue trying to register my Pixma MG6220 with Google Print. 

I updated the firmware on the printer to 3.02 to make the printer compatible fro Google Print.  Then I followed the directions below from the Cannon site.

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on. 
2. From the HOME window, select Setup, or press the Menu button (MX892 only) and select             Web service. 
3. Use the OK button to select            Web service setup.  
4. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Other settings or Cloud settings. 
5. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Google Cloud Print setup. 
6. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Register with Google Cloud Print.

•If you have already registered the machine with Google Cloud Print, the confirmation message to re-register the machine is displayed. 
•When a confirmation message asking whether you want to register the machine appears, use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Yes. If a language selection message appears, select the desired language. 

I got to this point with no problems and chose English.

•If a message related to print data handling is displayed, select the OK button. The confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed.  - I get the message to print the authentication URL

•Load A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the cassette.  - I Loaded paper

•Select the OK button. The authentication URL is printed. This printout is used later in the registration process.   - This is where I get the message that the printer can't connect to the server "Cannot connect to the server. Please wait a while and try again".  I do have Internet access and can print to the wirelessly, just not using Google Print.

I find it tough to believe that the Google server has been down for days.  There must be another solution besides waiting and randomly trying to connect. 

Any solutons/help?? -thank you

3 REPLIES 3

MarkB
Contributor

I have a Pixma MG6220 that works fine wirelessly but I cannot set up Google Print.  I listed the steps I have taken below and where I ran into a problem.

I updated the firmware on the printer to 3.02 so the printer would be compatible for Google Print.

I followed the directions below from the Cannon Site.

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on. 
2. From the HOME window, select Setup, or press the Menu button (MX892 only) and select             Web service. 
3. Use the OK button to select            Web service setup.  
4. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Other settings or Cloud settings. 
5. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Google Cloud Print setup. 
6. Use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Register with Google Cloud Print.

•If you have already registered the machine with Google Cloud Print, the confirmation message to re-register the machine is displayed. 
•When a confirmation message asking whether you want to register the machine appears, use the     and     buttons and the OK button to select Yes. If a language selection message appears, select the desired language. 

•If a message related to print data handling is displayed, select the OK button. The confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed. 

I got to this point with no problems. 

•Load A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the cassette.  - Loaded paper

•Select the OK button. The authentication URL is printed. This printout is used later in the registration process.   - This is where I get the message that the printer can't connect to the server.  I do have Internet access and can print to the wirelessly, just not using Google Print.

I read in another post to wait and try again later and the server may be up. I have been trying on and off for days with no success.  I can't imagine the Google server has been down this long.  There must be something else that is wrong.

Any solutons/help?? -thank you

Ramona
Authority

Hi MarkB,

Since the traditional method of connecting the printer via Google Cloud Print is not working, you can try connecting the printer to the internet using a PC to print via Google Cloud Print.  For information on doing this, please click here, then click on the section titled "Connect your classic printer."

Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Binx75075
Apprentice

Hi Mark! I know this has been a long time since you originally posted this, but I'm running into the same problem. I cannot get the printer to print that URL. When I hit OK, it takes me to screen that says "to perform this authentication process load plain paper and select okay to be print the authentication URL." I have paper loaded and when I hit OK, nothing happens. I can't seem to get the printer to connect to my laptop even when they are on the same network. Is the authentication URL different for each person or is it the same?

Announcements