cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620: CNQMMAIN.EXE - Fatal error (CLR error:80004005)

spetho2001
Enthusiast

When I start my computer I get a pop up message saying "CNQMMAIN.EXE - Fatal error  CLR eroor: 80004005   The program will now terminate".

I only have one Net Framework installed on my computer and that is Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1

What is going on with this pop up

See screen shot

I have a Windows 7 SP1 with IE 11 desktop.

Fatal Error.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, spetho2001!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon product you believe this is connected to. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

KCCOMPUTERS
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG3620. Windows 11. This has just started for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesnt work. I think it has to do with a recent update that windows did but I'm not sure. All I do know for sure is that it's driving me crazy. I love my Canon printer and have preferred Canon for years so this needs to be fixed before I replace it with an HP.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

How do I fix CLR Error: 80004005? The program will now - Microsoft Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That did not work. There is nothing wrong with my windows. It is something with the compatability of CNQMMAIN.exe with the windows 11 .net framework. I have uninstalled all previous versions and scanned my system. My printer works fine, its only the CNQMMAIN.exe program that does not work anymore. 

Hi,

If you have not done so, try reinstalling the Canon quick menu by itself. Please click HERE to download and install the file. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That did not work either. I am not sure that the Canon quick menu software is 100% compatible with windows 11.

Announcements