cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 - Can't Install IJ Scan Utility - Mac OSx Sonoma

tom55till
Apprentice

I have now tried in VAIN hrs. Trying to install the IJ Scan Utility for (Mac) Sonoma. It's HardWired folks. I have another Mac.. Hardwired Prints Scans No Problem. Canon Is UNAVAILABLE for Support and wants $19.99 and change whatever.. to fix the problem. I found some sources on here and tried them. NONE Worked.

Secondly, This Printer Uses Ink for Printing so, bad It is shameful. I have only kept if for the FAX feature. I think I may need to send in to an Ink anonymous  Meeting for how much Ink it Uses. Not to make light of those programs but, these fat cats kicking back  just loving us users chained to the fact $45 a pop of tri Color or Black. They don't ever even send Coupons.  Sorry to go off but have had it so many hours trying to get this thing to JUST SCAN. 

BTW My Canon Power Shot Digital Camera is another world wonder. Constantly, had to change AA Batteries.

Well, doubt there  will be help here. now, I've blown my top. Maybe I can find an old CANNON and load the Maxify  and shoot it out and make a Youtube Video....l

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tom55till
Apprentice

Finally, successful install for newer Mac. IJ scan utility. I was able to connect with Monterey Drivers, first I downloaded the ICA driver, then the IJ scan Utility 2.4.1. I checked the printer settings to switch Bonjour off and on again. I installed the ICA driver first and the IJ scan Utility and I forgot I also Installed the Network Utility after I did the ICA driver. When I saw Bonjour Multifunction on the setup I selected it and the IJ Scan utility came up and it was connected. Did a test scan and all good. This is for the Maxify Series Ink Jet printers. I hope this may help if anyone still has one of these Hardwired like I did with issues?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi there.

The most up-to-date software and drivers for your unit are on its support page HERE.

Thank you, I will give it a try again.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does hardwired mean USB or wired (ethernet)?  I'd connect the printer to my wired or wireless network.  Reserve and IP address for it, then add it as an IP printer to my MAC.  Doing this will also allow other devices connecting to the network to use it as well.  Although the printer has not been officially support under MAC OS since BigSur, I noted that drivers are available for download under OSX Sonoma > Here

If you were able to install drivers on a different system running Sonoma, there must be something different about the system where the drivers won't install.  Or is what you meant is that the IJ Scan Utility2 application installs, but the printer is not detected? 

shadowsports_0-1712519124581.png

If the above doesn't help, consider looking at things from this perspective.  The printer is 10 yrs old.  People don't usually keep a phone or computer for 10 yrs., so buying a new printer which is fully supported under Sonoma might be a good option.  You can keep the older device as a back up, or transition to the new device.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, Hardwired Ethernet. I have never used a USB but, that could be older wired type of connection. It downloads the Canon Network Utility and It sees it and it say Bonjour... I put in the ip address that particular 2022 Mac is on and it sees it. I downloaded  the Ventura 13.3 driver and still get the message it is unplugged or not connect to the network. When I used to install the windows machines the driver would pull up the Maxify serial number, you would highlight it, click ok and Print, Scan, easy. No Issues??? Buying a New one yes, Like I said I do like this one a lot for windows it's fine and has the FAX which Most machines don't come with anymore. If you can recommend one and doesn't DRINK INK. Epson has some new type of ink system and heard it was pretty good but, always steered away from Epson products and HP's. I don't think we ever got a whole ream of paper both trays without changing the INK on this. Probably when it does its cleaning and setup you're losing  a lot in just that process and it does it as soon as you put in a new Cartridge... Well thanks for the Help, Much appreciated. Can always fall back to windows and my older  2017 Mac scanned and printed as soon as I hardwired it. Both can Print also it's just the New Mac that can't Scan..... Thanks...!

tom55till
Apprentice

Finally, successful install for newer Mac. IJ scan utility. I was able to connect with Monterey Drivers, first I downloaded the ICA driver, then the IJ scan Utility 2.4.1. I checked the printer settings to switch Bonjour off and on again. I installed the ICA driver first and the IJ scan Utility and I forgot I also Installed the Network Utility after I did the ICA driver. When I saw Bonjour Multifunction on the setup I selected it and the IJ Scan utility came up and it was connected. Did a test scan and all good. This is for the Maxify Series Ink Jet printers. I hope this may help if anyone still has one of these Hardwired like I did with issues?

Announcements