cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook Air stopped printing to PIXMA TS6420a

steves678
Apprentice

My MacBook Air stopped printing to my TS6420a printer, maybe after upgrading the MacOS to Sonoma.  I downloaded the Canon driver for Sonoma, have rebooted both the Mac and Canon, but still get a message that the MacBook can't communicate to printer.  However, AirPrint from my iPhone works fine. I've been working with Apple support, but after 2 days of suggestions that didn't help, they told me to talk to Canon.  I deleted the printer definition, and when I try to add it back, I get a message "Unable to connect to 'Canon TS6400 series._ipps._tcp.local.' due to an error."  Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Re-installing didn't help - I could print using the USB connection, but not the network.  As a last resort, I rebooted the internet router (provided by AT&T, Arris  model BGW210).  I didn't change the firmware on the router, but a simple reboot solved the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi, Steve!

I'm not a tech, but you might want to try to re-install the software from our site HERE.

Once you do that, if you run into any issues, let us know here, or give our team a call at 800-652-2666 Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET), and they'll be happy to walk you through the setup process! 

Re-installing didn't help - I could print using the USB connection, but not the network.  As a last resort, I rebooted the internet router (provided by AT&T, Arris  model BGW210).  I didn't change the firmware on the router, but a simple reboot solved the problem.

Announcements