cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX490 printer connect to Starlink satellite internet

Spillman08
Apprentice

Hello I have a Cannon MX490 printer. I am attempting to connect to the Starlink WiFi router. There is no WPS option on the router. There are no options to manually enter the SSID. The only option is for it to search for the router which it can’t FIND. I see other posts about different printer types connecting but my printer does not have those buttons as options. Thanks to anyone who can assist with this. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A router that supports WPS is not required to set up your printer.  The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast that supports WPA2 encryption. 

If your router uses the same network name for 2.4 and 5G or WPA3 encryption, the printer may have difficulty negotiating a connection. Log into the StarLink router and verify that it has a 2.4Ghz broadcast and that WPA2 encryption is enabled or that it's settings allow backwards compatibility.   In some cases, giving a different name to each broadcast (example) wireless2.4 and wireless5G can help, or temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast while you connect the printer, then turn it back in once connected. 

Drivers and articles for wireless set up are available on the printer's support portal:

Canon Support for PIXMA MX490 | Canon U.S.A., Inc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements