cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF232w will print but not scan wireless

MFer
Apprentice

Hi There,

Have never been able to scan via network, but printing is no problem.  I can scan if I connect the USB wire to the printer but it is a hassle.

I am using a windows 10 laptop connected to wifi with no issues

The MF232w is wired directly to the router.

Any help out there?

Thanks, Lou

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello there,

If you can scan via USB but can't scan over the network, you can check the network scanner selector on the computer using the steps in the link HERE to make sure the computer has the MAC address for the scanner selected. If the scanner selection does not appear in the lower right of your computer screen or if the scanner selector does not have the option to select the scanner. You can download and reinstall the drivers for the MF232 using the link HERE. During the setup you can select the network option for the install so it can install a network connection for the scanner.

If you are still unable to scan, we would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When you try to scan, do you get an error? If so, what error do you get?
  2. Are you able to over the network with any other devices?

Kmw
Apprentice

I've reinstalled the driver multiple times. I can print over wifi but I can't scan. I've tried to enter in my IP and everything but nothing works. 

I have the EXACT same issue and it remains unresolved. I think it's an incompatibility issue with Windows 11. Or perhaps purchase a different brand of printer, my business relies on this to be resolved 

Hello Brendandutoit,

The scanner is compatible with Windows 11 and you can install the latest versions of the drivers and software using the link HERE. To see what might be the issue with the connection or software, you can respond to this message with the information below. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. 

1. When you try to scan over the network, do you get any specific errors?
  2. Are you able to select the MF232 from your computer using the IJ scanner selector?

Announcements