cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB5120 macOS Ventura 13.2 ICA driver not working

tempesta190020
Apprentice

I have a MB5120, the scanner driver misd-mac-ijscanner16s-5_0_0-ea21_3.dmg , albeit temperamental, used to work under Ventura 13.0. After the update to Ventura 13.2 the scanner doesn't work, both the canon software and the apple scanner software seem unable to communicate with scanner.

I have the same problem on multiple Mac (although they are all on Ventura 13.2, thus I cannot test on a previous version or Monterey), thus I know that it is unrelated to the specific laptop.

Printing works properly.

(please, do not suggest reboot computer, delete and re-add printer, delete all printers, reinstall driver for printer or scanner driver, use Bonjour Multifunction vs  use Canon IJ Network - done all that) 

2 REPLIES 2

SKnight79
Apprentice

It seems to be scanning to document (pdf format) that is the issue. I get a Code: 10,202,3 internal error has occurred. Then it says to do the following:

- Check the scanner status.
- Restart the scanner.
- Restart the computer, then try again.
- Reinstall the scanner driver.

I did all of that and it still happens.

I even removed the scan utility app from my applications folder, emptied the trash, restarted the computer, then reinstalled the scan utility. Still happens.

Hi,

This error can appear when a computers security is restricting access to the scanner driver or program. 

If adjust your security settings does not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements