cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In What Directory are Fax Contacts Stored for my MX922 (When I Choose to Use Fax Printer Driver)?

Cfguy
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have a Canon MX922 inkjet printer that I have been very happy with, despite having to switch out print head and do some "workarounds" to get rid of printer error codes.  Those issues can be hard to seal with, but when it works (which is 99% of the time) it does a terrific job for me.

I am wondering in what directory on my computer's hard drive are the fax contacts stored (when I use my fax printer driver to send a fax directly form my computer, and a box pops us that asks me to choose which contact to fax my document to).

I was looking around, and found what looks like older fax contacts on my other computer (that is directly connected to the printer - when I print or send fax from my computer it is over my network) that looks like they all had a ".contact" file extension.  But I have been unable to find my current fax contacts files.

In addition, would these contact files only be stored on the computer that the physical printer is connected to (and was initially set up on), or could they also be stored on my networked computer's hard drive, as well, or instead of the hard drive of the computer that the physical printer is connected to?

If someone would please respond to let me know, I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

Cfguy  

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you please share the operating system (version and build) you are using the MX922 with?  Are you using a specific program for Fax, or the Canon Driver?  Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick- thanks so much for your reply.  I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, 64-bit operating system.  Let me know if you need any additional system statistics, and how I can get them for you.  As far as the program for the fax, I am just using the Canon MX920 series fax printer driver.  I actually didn't know you could use other fax printer drivers (than the Canon one that came bundled with the printer driver software install).  As a side note, if you don't mind me asking, how do I find out about other possible fax printer drivers that I may use with this fax/printer? 

Thanks so much for your help.

-Cfguy

Greetings,

Windows 7 includes its own fax software called Windows, fax and scan.

Microsoft Office 365 is an example of a program with Fax capability.  

Since Windows 7 is EoL and no longer under support, I don't keep a machine running this software for testing.  You can try Canon support but I don't know if they can help either. The MX922 is about 11 years old now.  Visit My Canon to register and see your support options.

https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin?redirect=%2Fus%2Fproducts

For your consideration: Microsoft still allows you to activate Windows 10 using a Windows 7 product key. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements