cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM menu in G620 driver settings (color management)

mikleg74
Apprentice

Hello.

I have the G620 printer. I have a couple of installed ICC profiles  (I used them in Photoshop without issues). On Youtube, it looks like the standard Canon driver has a menu for choosing an ICM profile: Screenshot_3.jpg

but the menu in the driver for my Canon is absent:

Screenshot_2.jpg

Any ideas on how to activate it?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It is an issue discussed on the Internet. The Mac version of the printer only uses the Apple AirPrint basic driver with no profile capability. 

The Windows version can use ICC profiles but Canon doesn’t provide any. 

You could download Red River profiles and try using with similar Canon paper, or just use RR papers. 

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/canon-g620-printer-color-profiles.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank You for the answer. I'm sorry, I didn't mention OS: I use win10. And in fact, one of my profiles that can be used in Photoshop is Red River :-).

I aim to utilize my profiles with any other software without Photoshop. For me, the most logical way to do it is to use this option (ICM) in the driver. I have an old spectrophotometer and created one profile for G620 and Canon MP-101 paper. Although results without a profile (using the "matte photo paper" menu in the driver) are acceptable, they are better using my profile: the black is more black, the yellow more yellow without adding red, and all colors are a little richer.

Can I install any other old version of the driver to enable the ICM option?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pro-100. I never use the ICM option. Even for Caon profiles I select Manual->Setting->None and always select the profile in the application. I never have the printer manage color. 

Maybe you can try that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank You. Yes, for photoshop, I use this way ('None' in the driver and my profile in PS). But PS looks too overwhelming way for simple photo printing. In the case of availability profile management in the driver, the choice of software is endless.

Announcements