cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 can't get an icon on Chromebook laptop shortcut

trntn
Apprentice

I finally got the printer installed on my Chromebook, which took some doing through support. I had to get a USB cable though for the scanner to work. All I want is an icon short cut on my toolbar or desktop. I have to go to files to get the scanner but I don't have an icon even for the printer.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, trntn!

We've put out two printers with that number in its name, specifically the PIXMA MG3522 and the PIXMA TS3522.  Please let us know which one you've got. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

trntn
Apprentice

ON the print out info it says TS3500 series. ON the top of the printer, it says TS3522. ON the section that says " Other Settings" Printer name: c5CA6B700000. It's the all-in-one Pixma with a plate scanner. I bought personally due to having to work from home lately and IT walked me through set up at my company on their laptop, which has Windows, so no problem. However, on my personal laptop, I have an HP w/Chrome. Canon website said it wasn't compatible, but Support walked me through setup. At the time I didn't notice but the printer is working fine and shows up in my settings. The Scanner Utilities, which is on the Windows laptop doesn't appear on my Chrome version laptop. 

I can scan with it but I'd like to have the same Utilities on my computer that is on the work computer. And an Icon.

Thanks,

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi trntn,

To scan with your Chromebook, please follow the steps in this Knowledgebase article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180157

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements