cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set filename in scan on a D1620?

wysocki
Contributor

I finally figured out how to set up a scan to a Windows folder (verrrry confusing). But I still don't see how I can change the name of the scan files. I'd like something like SCAN001.PDF etc. But I currently get names like 0001_210125190102_001.PDF. I don't need the date and time in the filename since it's already a column on my file explorer. And what's the 0001 at the front of the name for?

Is there a way to change the naming convention?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello wysocki,

You can change the save settings for the your scans using the MF scan utility program on your computer. You can view the MF scan utility settings and what the settings do by using the link HERE. In the MF scan utility, there will be two tabs at the top for settings. One is used for performing scans from the MF scan utility and the other tab is for the settings when scanning from the printer operation panel.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you starting your scans from the operation panel or is it from software on your computer?

I'm running Windows 10 on the computers, but I don't initiate scans from them, I start the scan from the Canon operation panel. And I don't use the default SCAN button there. I use the "Scan to a preset folder" application on the operation panel sending the scan to an ADDRESS of a server on the network with a  hostname set to a windows share like this:

\\192.168.1.105\scans

The MFscan utility you refer to is not being used (but I see the tab you refer to). All the tabs there use a filename of "IMG" in the "Documents" folder. But the "Scan to a preset folder" creates filenames like 0001_210125190102_001.PDF , which is what I was asking to be able to change.

Announcements