cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect printer TR8520 to a Chromebook

karissali
Apprentice

Hi, I try to connect my printer with my chromebook.

It shows on the printer page, but when I click on setup, it ask me to select the model detail by myself.

However, there's no PIXMA / TR series.

"Canon TR8500 series could not be configured automatically. Please specify advanced printer details. "

Anyone successfully connect with PIXMA or Printer TR8520 ??

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi karissali,

If you get an option to add the printer via an IP Address, please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings page directly from the printer. 

Once the networks settings print, you can find the printer's IP address in row 3-2-12. 

If the printer is still not detected, you would need to reach out to the manufacturer of your Chromebook to have them troubleshoot to see why the Chromebook is unable to detect the printer. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi karissali,

Please open the Crome web browser on your Chromebook and navigate to a web page.

Click the 3 dot button in the upper right corner and then Print.

In the Print window, click the Destination drop down box and select the Canon TR8500 series and click Print.

If the TR8500 series does not appear in the drop down list, select See More at the bottom of that list.

Select the TR8500 series in the window that appears and click Print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

karissali
Apprentice
Hi, thanks for your reply.
But there’s no option for me to pick the TR series.
Is there any other way I can add the printer?

Thanks!

Hi karissali,

If you get an option to add the printer via an IP Address, please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings page directly from the printer. 

Once the networks settings print, you can find the printer's IP address in row 3-2-12. 

If the printer is still not detected, you would need to reach out to the manufacturer of your Chromebook to have them troubleshoot to see why the Chromebook is unable to detect the printer. 

karissali
Apprentice
Thank you! I follow your instruction to print out the printer details and got the IP address. Now it’s working! Thank you so much!
Announcements