cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files

rpwoodjr
Apprentice

I have been burned once and trying to avoid it happening a second time....

My computer hard drive became corrupt and I had it replaced.  I faithfully backed up my data files - but not able to do so for the disc label files I created in Canon's My Image Garden application.   As best I can tell, the application does not have a preference option to set or change the file location for my custom labels.  Now that I have reinstalled the printer software (including My Image Garden software) I would like to include these files in my backups.   Please advise.  

20 REPLIES 20

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The only options that appear to be available as far as files are concerned are the locations for temporary files and for where scanned images can be saved to.  You may not be able to export other data from the program.

For additional assistance, contact our support group using the Contact Us link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the quick reply, Michael.    Maybe there is a legitimate reason - but from a user perspective this is pitiful software design...and demonstrates that Canon doesn't meet the standard that I was used to with the Epson EasyCD application.

For what it's worth I agree with you that we should be able to determine where those files are stored. I also was an Epson user, but my old Epson finally kicked the bucket and I bought a Canon. The Epson software was definitely superior, although this Canon is way faster than the Epson.

Anyway... I'm surprised however that the Canon expert wasn't much more helpful. The files you are looking for (at least in Windows 7, if you're using another operating system they'll be somewhere similar) are in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\AppData\Roaming\Canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\work

Here you'll find a bunch of randomly numbered directories that store the info you want (along with what seems to me to be a bunch of unnecessary info). So if you back up the work directory you should have what you need.

Hope this helps. --ds

Thanks for the info, DS.  I am using Windows 10 where I believe the corresponding location would be:

C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming...

I'm not able to find any folders under "Roaming" other than "Microsoft".

Just installed "My Image Garden" and was also wondering where the file for the disc label was stored so I could back it up !  This issue does seem to be a weakness in the softwre. The old .cld system was easier to use. Can't understand why it is not still avalibale ( or something similar ).  Come on Canon, pull your finger out ! [using Windows 10].

Yes, quite a poor response from the SME.

Here's where I found my files.  My Windows 8 user name is Michael.  As other said above, after Win7 the default is C:\Users\YourUserName

"c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\work\"

In that folder are subfolders with names like *.mig:

374461394294909.mig
374972389936802.mig
375009849185538.mig
375032920228591.mig

I will have to add this to my backup folder list.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this question has been asked a number of times:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Printer-Discussion/How-to-Backup-My-Garden-Projects/td-p/...

In all my many years of getting programs / software, I have never found one that did not have "Save" and "Save As". I hope the next revision of My Image Garden has this mandatory function. I'm using XP 64-bit and those dot MIG folders are here under the "work" folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\work

One quick workaround I have done is to make a folder under "DiscLabelPrint" called "WORK_BACKUPS" and a batch file like Save_Image_Garden_Work.bat  It is on my desktop in easy reach while running My Image Garden.

-----------------------------------------------------

xcopy C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\work C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Application Data\Canon\My Image Garden\AddOn\DiscLabelPrint\WORK_BACKUPS /s /y

pause

-----------------------------------------------------

Change the paths and User Name to suit OS. Every time I design disc labels, I run the batch file when finished.

Yes, the missing "Save..." feature is a drag! But anyway, here's what I as a Mac user just worked out I could do to get round this. Simply make a screen capture from within the print dialog (actually I clicked on PDF - can you guys do that in Windows?) and if ever I need that label again I simply bring up any template and overlay it with the screen captured jpg.

If there's a minor change to be made (eg. DVD creation date - that's something I put on most my DVDs) then you just overlay that part of the jpg with that bit of text.

Here's some text so in the future Google might be able to direct some other poor Mac user to my few words of wisdom:  "Mac
Default File Location for My Image Garden Saved Disc Label Files"

By the way, I just LOVE my TS8151 - at last a Canon engineer must have used a printer in their home (as opposed to in a large, open area in a lab) and noticed that positioning the DVD tray in semi darkness and only just in reach can be a tricky business. 

DanChicago
Apprentice

There HAS to be a hidden file location! I got another MAC and want to transfer my disc files over. Is CANON that asinine that they don't want us to be able to save the disc image files? 

Anyone know where that hidden folder is?

Thanks! 

Announcements