cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to my printer wireless

LesleyD1
Apprentice

Hi I had to change my wifi and router however I kept the same name that I use for logging into it. I tryed updating my printer I even tried to reset it but unfortunately when i select the name for wifi it pulls the old one and will not allow me to reset it. I am so frustrated because the printer still works and i dont want to have to buy a new one. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which model Canon printer?  Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? What is the exact error message? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Re-running the printers installation software should allow you to re-connect and associate with the new router.  

Please ensure the new router is broadcasting 2.4Ghz wireless that uses WPA2 / AES encryption.  

If the new router is using the same SSID name for all broadcasts it might help to use a unique name for each broadcast (example) mywireless2.4, mywireless5G.  You can also try temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast and re-enable after the printer has connected to the 2.4Ghz network.  Many newer routers also support WPA3 encryption.  Ensure WPA3/WPA2 is also enabled to ensure backwards compatibility. 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements