cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change wifi procedure not working. MG3620 -> New Wifi, macOS

thedodus
Contributor

I've read the instructions for how to do this and attempted it about 20 times.  I have the app. 

I turn the printer off and on. I hold the Wifi button until the Power button flashes.  I press the Color Start button, then the Wifi button.  At this point, the Wifi light should "flash rapidly" or so I'm told.  It is flashing slowly.  

And neither the Canon helper app, nor my computer can see it on any network.  Help!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please tell us what you are connecting to printer to?  The MG3620 has a 2.4Ghz radio.  It will not connect to a 5Ghz network.  If the router or access point is dual band and you are using the same SSID name for all broadcasts (2.4/5G), this too might cause an issue.  Giving each broadcast a unique name often helps.  We'll await your reply.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Appreciate the assistance. It’s a new Spectrum router that provides both bands but only one name; there’s no way for me to name the signal something else it seems. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Take a closer look at the wireless settings on the router.  You'll need to log into the routers admin portal.  

It normally provides the ability to give each broadcast a unique name.  (Example) I have 3

Maybe try here:

Find or Change Your WiFi Network Name & Password | Spectrum Support

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ok, I was initially frustrated by what seems to be Spectrum’s feature-free user interface, but I’ll keep poking around and report back. Thanks!!

thedodus
Contributor

Well, for some reason it decided to connect as described in the How To....no idea why, but I'll take it!  Thanks for all your help 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After more review I noticed that many of the Spectrum modem/routers have dual band wireless with separate names for their broadcasts.

shadowsports_0-1678458558160.png

Using the 2.4Ghz name should work then.

Glad you got it resolved. 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements