cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G620 drivers won't install on Windows 11 ARM in a Parallels VM on a MacBook Pro M1

chriswei2k
Apprentice

Hi -

I'm unable to install the Windows drivers for my Canon G620 in my Windows 11 ARM VM in Parallels Desktop on my new M1 MacBook Pro. When I run the most recent installer from the Canon website I get a "This program is not supported by the computer" popup.

I was hoping I could at least use Windows to print photos since the G620 isn't fully supported on Mac OS X (something I discovered after I received my G620). The G620 only supports printing on OS X via AirPrint and Canon doesn't provide a real driver that supports color management and profiles for Mac OS X - but it looks like this approach won't work either.

Windows was able to install a very basic driver for the G620 but it has even fewer capabilities than the AirPrint driver on OS X.

Has anyone had any success installing the full Canon Windows drivers for the G620 on Windows 11 for ARM processors?

Thank you,

- Chris Weiland

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Chris,

There is no official support for Windows OS running on a ARM processor.

Sorry to be the bearer of not so good news.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

chriswei2k
Apprentice

Thank you. I figured as much but had to ask. Looks like I'll need to look at the ET-8550 😞

Announcements