cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open Scanner Driver for Pixma MX922 on my Mac (10.15.7)

fgardiner
Apprentice

I recently got a Cannon Pixma MX922 and am attempting to set it up. I am referencing this webpage for setup: https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920-mx922#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

The webpage and downloads shown in the How To videos do not match what is available on the actual page; there is nothing under "Software & Drivers" - the only downloads available are Manuals and Apps (for iOS and Android). On another support thread, I found a link to "Cannon IJ Scan Utility2" and downloaded it, but when I try to open it I get a message that says "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again. Code:15,230,0".

I've been trying various things; one thread said to go to my library and delete what I had downloaded - before I deleted everything, I was still getting an error message that stated that the Scanner could not communicate with the printer either due to poor connection (I don't believe this is the problem) or another issue. I have since purchased a USB-to-USB connector cable to directly link my computer to the printer and the printer recognizes the laptop by name when I click the scan button. 

Can someone point me in the right direction to the software/driver that I will need to be able to use this printer? I've downloaded and clicked through several installers and none of them have been functional. It seems to be a frequent issue among discussion boards but I have yet to find a solution.

Thanks so much.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements