cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Driver from Canon Website for G7020 printer

dfm0
Apprentice

I get this error when trying to download drivers.

"

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

We're not sure what might be happening with that error message as we tested the "Software & Drivers" page and we're unable to recreate the error message.  Please try again on a different browser or by visiting: 
https://ij.start.canon

Once there, click "Set Up" and choose your model.  You should be able to download everything you need there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

We're not sure what might be happening with that error message as we tested the "Software & Drivers" page and we're unable to recreate the error message.  Please try again on a different browser or by visiting: 
https://ij.start.canon

Once there, click "Set Up" and choose your model.  You should be able to download everything you need there.

dfm0
Apprentice

It worked starting at the link you gave then the actual download link worked and even though the download links are the exact same it doesn't work from the support page.

Now I can't get it to connect by WiFi.

WILLIM
Enthusiast

I suggest downloading canon inkjet smart connect  from the Microsoft store

Guide installation through this software

dfm0
Apprentice

For the connection problem I tried on Windows 10 then on Android with no luck. I was on Android when I noticed I was not connected to the temporary network created by the printer so I connected to one that had Canon or G7000 or G7020 (I forget which one) in it's name and after that the Android app found the printer and I was able to enter the WiFi info. in there then was able to use the printer from Android. Since the printer was now connected to my network I then completed the printer setup in Windows with no problems.

Announcements