cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New GX1020 not recognized by computer as a printer.

gmoore
Apprentice

My new gx1020 has several issues. 

1. When I plug the printer cable directly from the printer to the computer it's never recognized as a connected device. Wifi = off, Lan = off.

2. I then tried wifi. The computer sees the device, but only as a scanner. 

So far I've wasted $300 and 3 hours trying to get something that should be plug and play to work. HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Call Support solved it. Download and install the driver software. Even though windows said drivers were up to date, they weren't. Works great now!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, gmoore!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10 64bit. Also, I went in to update the drivers and it says drivers are up to date.

Call Support solved it. Download and install the driver software. Even though windows said drivers were up to date, they weren't. Works great now!

Announcements