cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are printer to computer drivers available for Pixma MG4120?

ElaineF
Contributor

I'm trying to find the correct driver to connect a MacBook with a Canon Pixma MG4120 printer. This Pixma model is retired and phone support with a live agent is no longer available. I was referred to the website but cannot find any drivers for this model. When I google search it, I get a page for the Pixma ( https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg4120). I click on "Software & Drivers", add my operating system and version, and am given five options for drivers (see below). I don't see anything in the list below that gives me the option for drivers that will connect your printer to your computer. Does the software driver I no longer exist? Thank you!

5 Results
File NameMy Image Garden Ver.3.6.7 (Mac)
TypeSoftware
Date03.29.23
File Size300.27 MB
Details
File NameCanon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.5 (Mac)
TypeSoftware
Date10.09.22
File Size6.52 MB
Details
File NameQuick Menu Ver.2.8.2a (Mac)
TypeSoftware
Date10.09.22
File Size1.98 MB
Details
File NameAirPrint Firmware Updater (Mac) for MG4100 series Ver.1.1b
TypeFirmware
Date10.04.16
File Size47.74 MB
Details
File NameAirPrint Firmware Updater (Windows) for MG4100 series Ver.1.0
TypeFirmware
Date07.22.15
File Size46.68 MB
4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello, ElaineF!

The PIXMA MG4120 has been retired. 

Our policy is to typically retire products after 10 years of life. Once a product is retired, the official Canon support content (troubleshooting articles, user guides, how-to videos, etc.) is removed from the Canon website.

In order to take advantage of Canon's innovative technologies, consider what we have to offer at the Canon Shop.

Thank you. I understand the PIXMA MG4120 has been retired. I also got the same recorded message when I called Canon's customer service. However, I don't see drivers in your list of services that are no longer available. If possible, I would like to keep and use the printer (which was working fine before the computer upgrade).  Shouldn't I still be able to connect the printer to my new computer using the USB drive? Thank you for your time and assistance.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi ElaineF,

I did mention in your other thread that no drivers have been published for the 4120 since High Sierra.  It's unlikely these drivers would work with Monterey.  You can try, but the likelihood is low.  I'm sorry we can't offer more assistance than this.  

shadowsports_0-1682960801528.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I just wanted to confirm that no drivers were available for this Pixma model. It appeared from a google search that drivers for the PIXMA MG4210 were available but I was confused by the options (which I included in this message). I appreciate your response and help!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements