cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will a EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens work on a powershot sx500?

nan156
Enthusiast

will a EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens work on a powershot sx500?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it looks like one of my chipmonks lol

You can see how it effected your depth of focus dramatically at longer distances. Youshouln't even need it in most cases with that zoom power. You might need a tripod unless your super steady.

Is it a generic tele convertor I dont see any listed for your model I have the SX50HS similar to yours. I use adapters to mount a 2X tele convertor that Ive had for an older model Powershot to mine but only on close shots with very little zoom.

I've found with 50X zoom I don't need it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

John_
Authority

No, none of the Powershot models have interchangable lenses

Thank you John, A 2.2 telephoto converter came with my camera is that like a telephoto extender? Sorry Im not to smart when it comes to these things

That's ok Im still learning here myself!

What your telephoto convertor does in effect it doubles your zoom power by a factor of 2.2X. 

First photo was taken with the converter second with the normal 30X lens

Trying to add photo but its not working.

The one with the converter was blurry, both shots taken from the same distance

Yes you have to stay withing the cameras ability to focus either at extreme long zooms or close ups. It take a little practice so see where the focal limits are with the convertor on.

photo IMG_2698.JPGwith converter

IMG_2699.JPGthis was with the regular 30X lens, I do not see the use for the converter

Yes it looks like one of my chipmonks lol

You can see how it effected your depth of focus dramatically at longer distances. Youshouln't even need it in most cases with that zoom power. You might need a tripod unless your super steady.

Is it a generic tele convertor I dont see any listed for your model I have the SX50HS similar to yours. I use adapters to mount a 2X tele convertor that Ive had for an older model Powershot to mine but only on close shots with very little zoom.

I've found with 50X zoom I don't need it.

It was a vivitar came with the package my husband gave me for Christmas. lol that was a fake chipmunk, the one on my profile is a real one.

Announcements