cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I log into canon image gateway , I registered my camera and got an user name and password.

whitetie1
Apprentice

I did everything right, and got email conf. 

7 REPLIES 7

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Whitetie1,

There are a number of possibilities.

First, please check to see that your user name and password are correctly recognized, by the Canon iMAGE Gateway, by logging in manually (via web browser).

If you're able to log in, please leave it logged in and try the Wi-Fi connection from your camera.

If you're still unable to transfer your images, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, Richard!!

I just registered my new PowerShot A1400 yesterday, set up a Canon account with a username and password,, and I can't access the Canon image gateway.  I received an email from Canon verifying my account information, and I am certain my login information is correct because I can access my account with no problem. However,  when I go to the Canon image Gateway login page and attempt to login to that, it keeps showing an "error". 

Can you help? 

Thank you!!

And by the way, so far I love this camera, it's exactly what I was looking for!!

Same here, new camera Jan 02, registrared, replied to email for the account set-up and all I get is a blank white screen.  WIN7, newer computer, high speed fiber...I think everything on my end is OK.

You may have to install CameraWindow to your phone or computer. You can read about it on page 27-28 in your manual. If you don't have it, reply to me and I will show you how to get it. Hope this helps

Hi!!

OK, so I was able to install CameraWindow and the other recommended software, and I then rebooted my computer as recommended. but when I try to register for ImageGateway, I am unable to; it tells me there is a communication error (I'm using Win XP, and am up to date on that,  I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, and Comcast as my provider) when I try to log in to my main Canon account, I see a notice that says Canon's Security certificate has expired. 

Please help!!

Greetings...... I too had the same issue and just tried again and was told I was locked out due to failed log-in attempts.......   I do know when I attempted to log in yesterday June 22, 2014 I received a weird error message and was curious if it had to do with attempting to log in over the weekend....

I'm still learning the forum's and the Camera (Power Shot SX50 HS)...... I must say so far I'm glad I got it .... My previous Cannon  Power Shot SX10 decided to start giving me fits with lens error messages which caused me to start the hunt for the SX50 and I'm thrilled so far..... 

Hello, CMac00068!

You can visit the following website to reset your password:  http://bit.ly/1cy9JRS.  Just click on the "Forgot User ID or Password?" option on the right.

If you're running into any trouble in the procedure, please call the Canon Presales and Accessories Department.  You may reach them by calling them at (800) 652-2666 between 8:00 AM and midnight ET, seven days a week.  Just follow the voice prompts to reach a friendly representative who will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Announcements