Point & Shoot Digital Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! SX 50 HD turns off after shot is taken

Have been using my SX 50 HS for about 8 months with no problems. Today, after I take a shot, the camera turns off completely.  Not the display, the actual camera.  I have changed batteries to confirm that it is not battery related.  This is agonizing...

colecuts by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Powershot G7 X screen issue

Hello, my canon G7x is fairly new, at first everything was fine but then this one issue came into existence. The screen will not come on after I press the power button, when I took it out the box the screen came on and everything was fine, just a mes...

SX30 IS Not Recogized By Computer

I have a Powershot SX30 IS that in the past would fire up the camera window when camera was connected and downloaded photos.  It worked for a long time on this computer running Windows 7.  Then the camera window would not start and the computer would...

georgedn by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! DISABLE the AUTO FOCUS on a Canon G3 X ?

I want to use my G3 X  for macro work and would like to disable the auto focus and focus manually.  The camera seems to require that the shutter button be held down half-way in order to focus manually which is extremely difficult, especially in the f...

Resolved! question on filters again

Several filters came with my sx500 the only one i put on was the UV and only because I wanted to protect the orginal lens. I am now wondering if since I had to use an adaptor to connect the UV filter that it may not be a good thing. Any comments?

nan156 by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

G9X question

Love this little camera, canon got it perfect with the low weight and small size. Hope any subsequent upgraded models (not that it needs it) maintain the unique size and weight. I have a question regarding the 'Bulb' mode. Obviously to start this mod...

efcal by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Powershot SX500 IS - Help with filters!!

Hi, I just purchased a lightly used Powershot SX500 IS with the intention of putting a variety of filters on it. I've done my research, so I know there are adapters out there that are intened to modify the camera to facilitate filters.After further r...

Date Setting

I have a Powershot SX710 HS.  With previous cameras I have been able to record the date the photo was shot on the image of the photo.  I cannot find a setting to do this on this camera.  Can ayone assist? Thanks

cdsmia by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Powershot SX 260 HS

Screen much darker than normal unless I squeeze case with thumb on right back and index over CANON logo right front...then it works normally.  Any possible DYI fix? I put a squeeze clamp on it with some hard plastic nuts to concentrate the force and ...

jwt99 by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements