Point & Shoot Digital Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! RAW Image WiFi transfer frustration

I have been trying to transfer images from my Powershot G5X to my Windows 10 PC using its built-in WiFi.After a lot of frustration, I finally managed to make the connection work and for Camera Window to open.I took a couple of test shots and tried th...

leahcimi by Apprentice
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Powershot SX50 and Astrophotgraphy?

I'm fairly new to this camera as well as the world of photography. I'm coming from taking just basic pictures with a cellphone to a Canon PowerShot SX50. I know how to adjust settings like your ISO, but other than that is where I get a bit confused. ...

Kohaku by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! G7X Mark II - Making Photos Lush

Hi,I've been trying to make my Canon G7X Mark II take more lush photos of nature (where the green colors are more pronounced / emphasized):* I've tried switching to "P" mode -> Picture Style -> Playing around with the different modes.* Nothing really...

classz by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking extended videos (new user issues)

I was trying to video my daughter's play with the camera at the back of the room on a tripod.  The camera stopped taking video after 18 minutes.  I'm not sure why.  The battery indicator was still showing a full charge.  The 128gb memory card still h...

Robmoo by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PowerShot A810 refused to take picture

Hi, I am having some trouble with my Powershot A810.Apparently, When I pushed the shutter button all the way down, the camera refused to take the shot, on the screen appeared the icon which indicated for shaking camera, so I tried using a tripod but ...

MinhAnh by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Scratched Screen

I have a canon powershot sx120is. The screen in the back cover is scratched and I would like to relace it. Can this be done and does anybody know where I can get the part? Every time I Google "Back Screen" I am getting information on how to replace t...

Running G9 X Markii off a charging bank

Currently one cannot take pictures and video while the G9 X Markii is plugged in.  I propose that Canon come out with a firmware update tha allows the camera to take pictures and video while plugged in.  This would allow users to use a USB charging b...

Robmoo by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SX620 won't connect to Mac via WIFI

I purchased a Powershot sx620 from Amazon and am trying to set it up to transfer images to my IMac desktop computer.  I am running el Capitan 10.13.1 and CameraWindow version is 1.1.1.5  If recognizes my my router and accepts the password.It identifi...

ebmeyer by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Setting defaults for video on G7X II?

Hi, I'm a complete newbie here. Wondering if anyone can lend some advice. I have the G7X mark II, and nearly always prefer to film in 50FPS when shooting video. The thing is, when I choose this setting, every time the camera is switched off, it defau...

Zethian by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Incompatible JPEG

I took some pictures with my Power Shot A1100 IS and they showed up on my screen but a couple days later when I went to view them again they didn't appear on the screen but there was a question mark on the screen with "Incompatible JPEG" message.  Wh...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements