cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX720HS lens cover won't completely open or close

rodayers
Apprentice

When I turn on camera or turn it off the lens cover does not completely open/ close. Can it be fixed or is it not worth the repair?

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rodayers,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It might help to clean the lens elements with a lint-free lens cloth. Then try to power on the camera again. If the lens covers do not move in and out of position, you can gently tap the lens to see if that helps.

That camera is no longer one we service, so if problems persist, you may wish to use that as an opportunity to upgrade to a newer item through our Canon Upgrade Program. This program allows you to replace your damaged camera with a new or refurbished equipment that is a little more recent than your model.

If you are interested in this option, please call our Sales Department at 1-800-385-2155. Our Sales and Accessories Department is available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ET Monday through Saturday. If you call shortly after we open or in the evening before we close, then there's usually not much of a wait.

marinomagic
Apprentice

I am having this same issue and it is quite upsetting.  This is the best little camera I have owned in a long time and it takes excellent pictures.  I am disappointed that there is no way to fix the cover and the solution provided is - buy another camera.  That is not a solution at all! We just keep adding to landfills with products that still work but companies refuse to fix and it is ridiculous!  Not only that, but asking people to spend more money.  I have only had my camera not even 2 years and spent a lot of money on it!!! Extremely disappointed in Canon.  This seems like it should be an easy enough fix yet they don't want to fix it because they want you to buy another camera!  

Announcements