cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 shut off too soon after taking video?

Glaucoides
Apprentice

Hey everyone! My first post here. I have a Canon SX60, and mostly use it to take photos and videos of rare birds. Here’s my question: If I shut the camera off too soon after taking a video (while it’s still trying to write the video to the SD card), could that cause part of the video to be stitched/pasted seamlessly onto another video that’s on the card, so that the two become one continuous video?

Thanks!

—Noah

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I'm not sure.  So you're saying you accidentally shut off the power while it was recording a video, and that video clip got merged with an older clip?

Going forward, try to remember to press the stop record button and then wait until the camera is done saving the video (you should see an activity light blinking while it is busy).  Then you can power down.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I don’t know if that happened, but I’m wondering if it’s a possibility. I took a video showing a rare bird, and then panning around to show the surroundings/location and then my phone screen showing the date and time (the identification, location, and date are required data to prove a rare bird record). I definitely hit the stop record button, but I may have switched the camera off before the little light was done blinking. Do you think I can be confident the entire clip is really one video from the same place and time, or could it be two merged together?

Announcements