cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 50 not detected on windows 10 PCs

swdan
Contributor

since i upgraded to win 10 i am not able to connect camera to usb (error 43)

tried like 10 different pcs

but with notebook (win 7) it works out of the box

how to fix

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

When you say that you "upgraded to Windows 10", does that mean you purchased a new computer?  Or, did you perform an upgrade option on an older version of MS Windows?

Most of the Canon software is not supported on "upgraded" versions of Windows.  If you upgraded a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, then this might explain your issue.  I recommend using a USB card reader to read the camera's memory card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

purchased new pc, wiped old one and intalled win10 there too

@swdan wrote:
purchased new pc, wiped old one and intalled win10 there too

Why did you have to install Windows on a new PC?  Is this a PC that you built yourself?  In either case, your PC needs to have an Intel chipset to run the current Canon software.  Take a second look at the software download page.

wait, it means it wont work on X570 Phantom Gaming 4?

@swdan wrote:
wait, it means it wont work on X570 Phantom Gaming 4?

Huh?

There seems to be some sort of firmware issue associated with USB ports on some AMD motherboards.  You might try using an active USB port expander, not a passive one that relies on getting power from the motherboard. 

Word on the street says that it is a firmware issue, which could have been a fairly easy fix.  For as long as this problem has persisted I suspect a hardware issue associated with on-board USB ports.....probably a grounding issue.

Announcements