cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX530 only works in photo viewing mode

MackAttack
Apprentice

Hi!

I have a Powershot SX530 that I purchased in October 2015, and it's suddenly stopped working.

When I turn it on, it powers up, but the LCD screen is black. The shutter button does nothing. The zoom switch does not move the lens, and none of the buttons on back (Display, Menu, etc.) do anything. However, when I switch to photo viewing mode, I can scroll through the pics on the SD card and all of the buttons to manipulate these photos work fine. So weird.

Any ideas about what's wrong? This model has no viewfinder, so the LCD is not black because it was accidentally put in wrong mode (I don't think).

Thanks for any help!

Mack

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MackAttack,

Thanks for Posting.

Please start your camera in the playback mode, then press the Shutter release halfway down.

If the camera doesn't respond, I recommend performing a "hard reset" of your camera. To do this, remove the battery pack from the camera then close the battery compartment. Now press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds, then release it. Replace the fully charged battery pack and turn the camera on.

If your camera operates as it should, you're ready to start shooting. If the issue persists, your camera will require service to resolve this issue.

You may setup the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements