cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX70 HS Instant Photo Import

Laughingwatr
Apprentice

I need a camera that I can import pictures in real time as I take them. I have a software that analyzes the pictures but I need to remote capture and load them as they’re taken without stopping to download. A SX 70 was what was recommended for zoom but I need to know if it will work. 
Thanks

Lance

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It would be helpful to know into what system you are importing the images, especially the operating system and application involved.

Further, what kinds of subjects, and your budget (roughly).

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I import images of shotgun patterns that need to end up in a proprietary software to be analyzed. Speed is important because we need ten patterns to be accurate. Bang, snap up picture, import, and right back to shooting. I currently use a Panasonic LUMIX FZ 80 and it works fine but I have to stop and import files. Take too long. Was told the Canon SX 70 should work but want to make sure. I’m photography illiterate 

It would still be helpful to know exactly what platform you're trying to import into - Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android and what version.   What connection are you considering: Wifi, USB cable etc?

What you are seeking is called tethering - where what you shoot is transmitted to a device - computer, tablet, even a phone, in real time.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Planning on USB and everything is windows based. I would import off the Panasonic with their software then import those into my software. Software engineer says just get it on the computer and they can grab it. My competitor uses a canon camera but I haven’t found anybody willing to share details 

Further to my post I recommend you check out the SX70 user guide for how tethering (in this manual it's called the remote feature) works with this camera:
Advanced User Guide (c-wss.com)  Go to the search feature and type in remote, and you will get a list of references - or look on P190.  Have a browse through and see if it makes sense.

There is a utility that is referenced - Image Transfer Utility.  Depending upon your operating system, it can be downloaded from the list at this site:
PowerShot SX70 HS Support - Firmware, Software & Manuals | Canon New Zealand

cheers, TREVOR

Thanks. I’ll look when I get back to the office. 
Lance

Announcements