Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX600 HS lines on screen

s25
Apprentice

387D24FA-1CBA-4E12-802D-99AA5CC5C2D6.jpeg

Hi there,

I have the powershot sx600 hs and have had it for a few months now and purchased it brand new off ebay. i take so much care carrying the camera in its case and it has never been dropped. a month into using it these small black dashes appeared on the screen. a few months in now it has developed into this. i’m unsure of what to do as i know it’s an old camera and obviously i doubt it could be repaired. it doesn’t transfer onto photos so it seems like an issue just with the screen. 

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings s25,

Per the images you have provided, it does not appear that there is an issue with the LCD display of the camera. We would have recommended for you to send the PowerShot SX600 HS camera to our facility but upon review, this camera model has reached the end of its service life back in 2019.

Canon does provide a one-year manufacturer's warranty for cameras purchased from an authorized Canon dealer and I understand you state you've purchased this camera a few months ago in new condition. Unfortunately, eBay is not an authorized dealer where the purchase of the camera does not include a Canon USA warranty. An alternative option would be to participate in the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

Announcements