cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS Unable to Connect to PC or Phone

jordan_wilson__
Apprentice

Hi, I have a PowerShot SX530 HS camera. I absolutely cannot connect it to my phone or my Windows computer. I’ve been trying for hours. I keep getting a notification on the camera that I need to set the time & date when I try to connect to wifi. The date and time are already set. I’ve tried restarting the wifi settings. Nothing is working and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve also connect the HDMI cord to my computer and it’s not detecting the device. I can’t connect this camera at all or get the authentication code. Please help!!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Using a memory card reader is always an option.

What type of computer and OS are you trying to use with the camera?

From where did you download the computer software?  The Canon USA web site has added video tutorials on how to connect Wi-Fi on many of the Product Support pages for the camera bodies.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I must admit I see a litany of issues on this kind of thing - where people struggle for long period and get (justifiably) frustrated that they cannot get WiFi or Bluetooth to connect to a computer. I am not sure if you want to connect in order to tether or to transfer your files.

If it is the latter, in the end, often the simplest is the best and I agree with my colleague above that removing the card from your camera, plugging it into a card reader attached to your computer may be more primitive, but it is essentially as simple, and much likely to work.  Furthermore, the transfer does not drain the camera battery and the download speed should be faster with a direct physical connection.

If you really need to connect, one thing you might want to check is that the time zones on the two devices are set up to the same location.  A mis-match in that would possibly cause a conflict.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements