cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS Behaving Oddly After Fall

Helpplease999
Contributor

So I recently got this camera as a upgrade/gift from my cousin and like a Dumbo I dropped off the nightstand today. So now it's making a noise and looks like a weird comic filter is on but it's not

20220813_025204.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Helpplease999
Contributor

Like I'm genuinely panicking 

Oh,so sorry but i m not sure about that.

My Walmart Family Mobile

Danny

Hi, Helpplease999!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

A Canon Powershot SX 530 HS

Helpplease999
Contributor

So late last I dropped my camera and now the side where you view the photo is having blurry colors to say the least. I've attached a picture of how it looks 

20220813_025204.jpg

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Frankly, in particular, with things making noises inside and the image shown, it sounds like it's broken and will need a repair - sounds like an insurance claim to me.  The PowerShot series are sealed units so there is nothing that a user can do at their end.  If it is fixable it will need to go to Canon for repair, but I fear that it may well cost more that the camera is worth.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Out of genuine curiosity would you say that it's more the internal software broken or what exactly because if it's just the screen I may be able to fix it (I've dealt with screen repair before) and I've found a tutorial for it and I don't mind a humming as long as I can see pictures clear

@Helpplease999 wrote:

Out of genuine curiosity would you say that it's more the internal software broken or what exactly because if it's just the screen I may be able to fix it (I've dealt with screen repair before) and I've found a tutorial for it and I don't mind a humming as long as I can see pictures clear

Did you say it rattles when you shake it.  Software does not make rattling sounds.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Oh well then could it possibly just be a part broken like the lense??

Announcements