Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark III Static in audio

GigiValoy
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Please help- I am going crazy. 

I recently (about two months ago) purchase the canon g7x mark iii and its been great in every way expect for when it comes to video recording- more specifically, the sound quality. There is a constant (and I mean, constant) static on my video audio whenever I play it back. Nothing that I have done has helped, I've searched the internet to see if anyone else had this problem with this specific camera, and it looks like it's just me. Here is what I have tried:

I got in contact with canon support, they walked me through playing around with the audio settings, nothing worked so they sent me a new camera- I still have the same problem.

I have played with the audio settings, manual, automatic, turning up or dow- nothing. still hear static.

I have purchased an external mic- I still hear the static (yes, I did make sure the mic was plugged in right and all, and the audio was coming out of the mic not the camera).

I purchased a deadcat to see if it was some magical wind inside my house, but it didn't do anything.

The audio quality itself its not the problem, I hear myself perfectly fine, there is just constant static in the background. no matter where I am, so it is not something like my AC. I have this issue in doors and outdoors.

If you have any tips, please help.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements