cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark II Repair?

frata
Apprentice

Hi all!

Trying to do some research but figured I could ask around here too. I own a Canon Powershot G7x Mark II. I’m looking to get it repaired ASAP, the barrel doesn’t retract (the camera worked fine before with it not retracting) and the LCD screen became detached after losing too many screws and the flex cable tore. I got a new flex cable and attempted to fix this myself but surprise surprise it didn’t work.

I’m looking to send it off, and want to make sure I’m sending it somewhere reputable that isn’t going be majorly expensive. I got a quote from Canon for $450 (was an auto generated estimate so maybe talking to somebody could get that lowered but they haven’t gotten back to me yet) but at that price I may as well just buy a whole new camera.

This is my long winded way to say does anybody have any suggestions of where I can send this off to? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello frata,

We do all of our servicing in house, so I do not have any specific facilities that I could direct to, but you can go online and find third-party repair options. Of course, we can't guarantee the quality of their work or what specifically they are capable of servicing. The PowerShot G7 X Mark II has a flat rate repair cost of $449. This particular camera model is one that they do not perform repairs on at all. They just replace the cameras altogether, no matter the issue. You do have the Canon Upgrade Program option available to you which allows you to replace your current equipment with a new or refurbished Canon unit at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and they can help you with availability and pricing. 

Announcements