cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot G7 X Mark II Black tv lines on screen and in camera

TishyraW
Apprentice

I have a Canon gx7 mark ii. whenever i go to film it’s black tv like lines going through the viewfinder and when i go to look at the videos on my laptop the black lines are still there. No idea how to fix it or where they even came from. please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Tishrya:

If the lines are appearing in both, it is possible that the sensor has failed.  Can you take a stills photos of something and see if the lines are still there, please?  By checking that it is impacting both functions it gives us some more detail to work with.

Have you done any updates to the system, changed settings or in any way impacted the camera recently?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

No black lines appear when i take a photo. it’s just when i record on the camera. 

That is encouraging.  It suggests the sensor itself is not damaged.  It seems to me that you have some kind of configuration error.  So, I would suggest that you first check that you are using the correct video format and settings.  If they appear to be in order, then the next thing to do is perform a full camera reset.

This is detailed on P 176 of your manual which, if you have not got that, is available from THIS LINK 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What are you recording?  Indoor lighting might be an issue.  Test it outdoors in bright sunlight.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements