cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Downloading Photos via Wi-Fi

Charles3
Apprentice

How can I download photos to my Windows 11 computer using the WiFi feature in my Canon PowerShot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for this information.  I went through every step of the instructions about 10-times on my Windows 11 laptop without any success.  Even though the Canon program said that I had successfully completed everything and was ready to go, my computer did not register the downloads even after opening the Zip.  I finally decided to do all of the instructions on my older Windows 10 desktop and everything worked the first time.  Apparently, Canon has not updated their software for Windows 11.  I can't thank you enough for directing me to the Canon "How to Videos".   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You would not want to download a lot of photos at once using Wi-Fi.  The Wi-Fi radio is low bandwidth.  That means it is slow.  Wi-Fi is best used in a remote shooting scenario, transferring one image at a time as they are captured.

I recommend a USB cable, or a card reader to transfer images to a computer.  Or, transfer them one at a time to a mobile device as they are captured.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Unfortunately, Canon has a WIFI transfer program that is useless.  It looks like I will still have to insert my SDHC card into a card reader or use a USB cable.  Canon ought to be sued for false advertisement if their WIFI feature is a joke.

The built in Wi-Fi by Canon works the same as other manufacturers, if not better.  None of them are fast.  Every one of them use a dedicated app to communicate with the built-in camera Wi-Fi.  

Having the ability to communicate over Wi-Fi frequencies does not mean the camera is fully networkable.  Nor does it mean that it operates at typical Ethernet speeds.  The cameras use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology only because that is what is commonly found in smart devices that are currently being sold.

Canon sells accessory devices that can make select camera models fully networkable and are capable of operating at typical Ethernet speeds.

Thanks again for your information.  My problem is that I cannot figure out how to even transfer one photo from my PowerShot ELPH 360 HS camera to my Windows 11 Laptop.  I'm not concerned about the speed of transfer but I at least would like to get my camera communicating with my laptop so that I can transfer a photo or two by WiFI.  Can you direct me to some instructions on how to do this?  I was able to transfer a photo from my camera to my cellphone but am at a complete loss as to how to send a photo to my laptop.

Click the button that says “How To Videos”

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

Thank you for this information.  I went through every step of the instructions about 10-times on my Windows 11 laptop without any success.  Even though the Canon program said that I had successfully completed everything and was ready to go, my computer did not register the downloads even after opening the Zip.  I finally decided to do all of the instructions on my older Windows 10 desktop and everything worked the first time.  Apparently, Canon has not updated their software for Windows 11.  I can't thank you enough for directing me to the Canon "How to Videos".   

Announcements