cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWERSHOT ELPH 100 HS Lens Stuck

ELIZABETHP
Apprentice

My camera is: POWERSHOT ELPH 100 HS

My camera is functioning in other aspects but when I turn on the camera the lens won’t open and says “lens error”. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how I could fix this, apparently due to its age it has been retired so canon cannot fix it for me. Please send in ideas, anything ! Thanks! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Not sure.  Perhaps gently press on lens to see if you can get it unstuck?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We hope you can figure out a way to get the lens moving in and out again.  Unfortunately, if its not foreign material, its often a gearing or motor failure that keeps the lens from extending or retracting. Support and repair for point and shoots is becoming harder and harder to come by.  Primarily because the image quality in mobile devices has come so far.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I think it is done. It most likely suffered a hit or has gotten gummed up. There is no reasonable repair at a professional shop as it will likely cost more than its worth to get another one. So at this point you might try some alcohol on a very small brush around the circumference of the lens to see if you can 'help' it up. If successful let the alcohol dry completely before use.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements