cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost all my images on the memory card

J_Huss
Apprentice

I just bought an A2300 and took it on a week-long backpacking trip in Colorado.  At the end of the trip, I took the memory card out of the camera and gave it to one of the other backpackers to load my images on his Mac.   He said he saw about a half dozen .jpg files on the card, but couldn't open them.  When he gave the card back to me and I put it back in the camera, the card was blank!  I had over 100 pictures on that card when I handed it to him.  Now I have nothing.  Any ideas on what happened to all the files and what I may be able to do to recover all the images?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

There are several threads on this topicalready & many list some free software links worth trying HOWEVER here's the link to a very good program that you can test drive to see if the images are there & recoverable before you pay for it. IF it finds them you at least know they exist & have the choice to either pay to license the software or try the free stuff & see if it works for you.

http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

There are several threads on this topicalready & many list some free software links worth trying HOWEVER here's the link to a very good program that you can test drive to see if the images are there & recoverable before you pay for it. IF it finds them you at least know they exist & have the choice to either pay to license the software or try the free stuff & see if it works for you.

http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Agreed.  I never found a free one that worked and purchased a program online.  Like cicipo mentioned threre are several programs out there, and a quick Google search will turn up a number for you to consider.  All is not lost.

Perfect!  Thank you for the advice.

LC Tech's Rescue Pro was able to recover the picture. $39 well spent. Thanks for the tip.

GREAT, and I agree it's money well spent & I bet you'll be helping family & friends somewhere down the road now that you have it. I've used my copy to recover other peoples mistakes a couple of times so far & it amazes me how much it can recover.

"LC Tech's Rescue Pro was able to recover the picture. $39 well spent. Thanks for the tip"

Excellent, glad to hear it!  I bought a program from another vendor because of the same reason.  Fortunately, I've never had to use it again, but I've had two family members who had the need and I was able to take care of them as well.  Like you said, money well spent.

Announcements