cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a canon powershot SX40 HS

quote0116
Apprentice
I have the Canon Powershot SX40 HS and I love it. I have several lens that I've attached with the help of an adaptor they've worked fine. I just purchased a 67mm tele-photo lens however the camera when zoomed all the way out does not focus and the color/clarity is distorted. Is there some setting that I should have the camera set on ??? Thank you, Linda
4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz
Are you using the 2x telephotolens? There is no setting on the camera for it. But with telephotolens, you are losing light so if it's not a bright situation, you camera will have a hard time to focus. Also you'll lose image quality significantly. Do you have any sample photo for us to look at ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Yes, that is exactly what I am using 2x tele-photo lens....   attached are 4 photos to show you what  I get... the settings & zoom are exact 1 of course is with the 2x lens the other is the SX40 lens zoomed completely out, nothing added to it.

Thanks for responding

Linda

1.jpg4.jpg

2.jpg3.jpg

I don't know what type/brand of telephoto you have, but if you get a "cheap" one the photos are normal. You will experience heavy chromatic aberration with these thing. And also, with a longer focal length, camera shake becomes a problem also. I've searched on Google and seen other people experience the same problem like yours too. Unfortunately, there is no camera settings that I know off can resolve the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you so much for taking the time to check this out for me, I really appreciate it. I will send the lens back it will not be a problem.
Announcements