cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Cannon Powershot S60

PunkyPal
Apprentice

I just bought this camera, I have added filters to it.  I have an adapter on it for 58mm with uv filter lens.  I started taking taking pictures and some of my pictures not all in the upper right and left corners there is a black triangle.  I don't understand if it is a setting I have because it is not on all the pictures.  Can someone please help me with this issue. 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@PunkyPal wrote:

I just bought this camera, I have added filters to it.  I have an adapter on it for 58mm with uv filter lens.  I started taking taking pictures and some of my pictures not all in the upper right and left corners there is a black triangle.  I don't understand if it is a setting I have because it is not on all the pictures.  Can someone please help me with this issue. 

Thank you.

Remove the filters, and see if the problem goes away.  

You really do not need a UV filter.  Nearly every digital camera has light filters built into the sensor assembly, including UV.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your help.

I think it might have to do with the adapter going from 67mm down to 58mm and the zoom setting you may have had it on

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PunkyPal,

Thanks for posting.

If you're using the optional Filter Adapter FA-DC67A, I recommend the use of a 67mm filter. The use of a smaller filter is probably causing the issue that you've encountered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements