cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G9x Mark ii Firmware Update - how?

kookoolarue
Apprentice

I have tried to figure out how to upload the firmware update, but there is nowhere on the various screens that says firmware. I've googled youtube and followed the firmware instructions here for the G9x Mark ii, and unable to find the screen I need?? I am on a Mac, tried with a cord to Mac and tried with a card in camera with the download, still can't find the firmware screen. Attached Photos. On instructions it says it is under the Play section. Any ideas? 

IMG_6565 2.jpegIMG_6561.jpegIMG_6562.jpegIMG_6563.jpegIMG_6564.jpegIMG_6559.jpegIMG_6560.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What mode do you have the camera in?  You usually have to be in something like Program (P) mode or perhaps Manual (M). If in Auto mode, some menus will not show up.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Ricky's points are correct, and ...  For the G9x mkII, you have to press the playback button to turn the camera on in playback mode in order to see the firmware update menu.  If you turn the camera on first and press the button, the firmware menu will not display.

shadowsports_0-1699250721433.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements