cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7X Mark III won't turn on, unless plugged

ekinkes
Apprentice

Hello there,

While trying to use my G7X after a month, I noticed that it doesn't turn on.

I assumed the battery was low and tried charging, but I saw the orange LED indicating charging would not light up, after trying couple of USB cables, I understood the problem was not the cable. 

The camera won't turn on unless keep it plugged and the moment I remove the cable, I lose the power. I don't have another battery to test and NB-13L batteries are not necessarily cheap, what can I try before making sure it's a faulty battery, but not an issue on the camera's charging pin, or any other thing? Did it ever happen to someone else?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what you've told us, it sounds like trying a new battery really is the next step. Since the camera powers on and works normally when connected by USB we can be reasonably sure that the camera's internal power system is not having trouble, and since the battery charges in the camera we can pretty safely assume the charging system works too

ekinkes
Apprentice

Hi,

I've tried with a brand new battery, and the result is the same. Just I noticed that now the battery indicator does not show up on the screen anymore.

Any advices? Could it be that the camera doesn't see the battery? I need the camera in 2 days for an important occasion, so I don't really have the time to get it repaired. I sincerely appreciate any tips

Hello ekinkes,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your camera. In order to better assist you, we want to verify a few things. This camera uses a Canon battery pack NB-13L and battery charger CB-2LH. We only recommend using genuine Canon products for powering the PowerShot G7 X Mark III. Dirty battery terminals can reduce battery performance. Try cleaning the battery contacts on the battery and charger with a clean, dry, microfiber cloth or cotton swab to insure good communication between the battery and camera. This camera model does have a battery level indicator that displays on the LCD screen. A fully charged battery should appear like the image below.

John_Q_1-1711063825245.png

If the issue persists, the camera would need to be sent in for service at some point. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ekinkes,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your camera. In order to better assist you, we want to verify a few things. This camera uses a Canon battery pack NB-13L and battery charger CB-2LH. We only recommend using genuine Canon products for powering the PowerShot G7 X Mark III. Dirty battery terminals can reduce battery performance. Try cleaning the battery contacts on the battery and charger with a clean, dry, microfiber cloth or cotton swab to insure good communication between the battery and camera. This camera model does have a battery level indicator that displays on the LCD screen. A fully charged battery should appear like the image below.

John_Q_0-1711063551163.png

If the issue persists, the camera may need to be sent in with the battery and charger for evaluation at our service center since you do not have a separate battery and/or charger for further testing.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements