cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SD card says Incompatible JPEG

pfrance04
Apprentice

I have a Canon PowerShot SX 130. When I put my SD card with pics I have taken into my computer, then back into my camera, it says "Incompatable JPEG". Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pfrance04

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi pfrance04!

Thank you for posting!

1. When you mention inserting the card into your computer, I assume you are using a card reader or card slot on the computer, correct?
  2. If so, what program are you using to view the images?
  3. Are you editing or changing the images in any way before you take the card out and put it back in the camera?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same problem with my Powershot SX200 IS.

I'm just pulling files off of the SD card, I'm not editing or using a program to view them.

I'm working on a HP using the operating system Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.

ScottyP
Authority
Why do you leave photos on the card and put them back into the camera after you have had it in the computer?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

beerboy1957
Apprentice

I also have an issue. when trying to veiw videos taken with the camera I get an incompatible jpeg message. All I can figure out is that while veiwing in my laptop or tv the format was changed in order to veiw it. Does anyone know how or if I can restore it to the canon format?

beerboy1957
Apprentice

Same problem with an sx 260

Announcements