cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot G7X Mark iii - Green Lines On Video

tmoneas1
Apprentice

I’ve been having this camera for a couple months, rarely used. Just recorded a video in December it worked perfectly fine. A couple days ago I went to record another video and during the recording green lines popped up and covered the whole screen, the camera froze and cut off. I turned the camera back on and it saved zero footage. 

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tmoneas1,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your camera. Try cleaning the battery contacts with a clean, soft microfiber cloth. Dirty contacts could cause an issue like this. Do not use any kind of solution when trying this. You can also clean the contacts on the memory card as well. You may want to format the card in the camera at some point to ensure they are working optimally together. This feature is in the yellow wrench menu #1. When the card is formatted, all images and data on the card will be erased. Even protected images will be erased, so make sure there is nothing you need to keep. If necessary, transfer the images and data to a computer, etc., before formatting the card. Lastly, try a different card if the issue continues.

Announcements