cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS need help fixing

1txcanon
Apprentice

I have a near brand new Canon PowerShot SX620 HS that got set aside a few years ago shortly after I bought it. 

It needs the battery / camera card compartment door fixed on it. It will not shut. It looks like the little orange piece connected to the door spring is bent preventing it. 

I think the camera is worth saving cause its in perfect shape other than the compartment door not shutting.

What is the best way to go about fixing a problem like this ?

thank you, 

t

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

You can setup a repair request online below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

I need proof of purchase which means I have to find it. 

Can Canon tell me where and when I bought this if I give them a serial number?

That would help narrow down where to look. 

thank you,

t

Some may say I am over-fastidious, but I keep the boxes my gear came in (they live in them when not in use) and in each box I have the receipt.  I also keep an Excel worksheet with the make, model, serial #, place and date of purchase and receipt number.  It's worth the effort if you have to do a claim on anything, and it also helps with insurance.  Years ago I was burgled and the thieves stole a bunch of stuff.  With all that detail the insurance company paid up without a whimper.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements