cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my canon camera to my computer

cochenec
Apprentice

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Canon Powershot G7X Mark II to my Laptop. I have followed the instructions on the canon videos I found on youtube. But when I press "Add a device" on my computer, and then search for the device on my camera, my camera simply returns "device not found".

I have installed all the softwares, did the thing with wifi connection setup, even found my Wifi on my camera but passed this point, it doesn't find my laptop.

Do you know where the problem might come from ?

Best regards,

Charles Cochener

4 REPLIES 4

cochenec
Apprentice

Thanks for the great customer service !

I assume that was sarcastic.

It would help if you help us help you.

What computer? Mac or Windows?

What version of the OS?

What kind of connection? WIFI or USB?

For what it is worth. I have never had an issue connecting a computer to any of my macs via USB. I don't bother with the Canon software.

Well I managed to connect the Canon camera to a phone via Wi-FI. It sure must be possible to a computer. There is even a Canon-made video about that on Youtube, which I followed thoroughly but it ended up not working...

Sorry for sounding exasperated in my previous message. I thought this was a customer service platform and was expecting a quicker response from Canon.

I didn't find any port on my camera and thus I rejected the USB option. I am on Windows 10 btw.

Most of us are users. Canon will tell you that if you want a quick response, call them.

Note numbers 3 for the USB connection:

G7.jpg

For wifi on your computer it appears you need to install some software:

G7wifi.jpg

Announcements